Saturday, August 24, 2013

6 things about me and Kalaloch camping

You guys... I just survived my first week as in full-time-in-a-office week, and it totally kicked my ass. Hence the lack of blogging action around these parts. It's going to take sometime to find a new rhythm. The kind of rhythm that allows for dreaming up blog posts, taking happy pictures, reading my blogs, and magazines and books, cleaning my house, time with my favorite person and other such lovely life things that suddenly need epic prioritization.

My darling cousin and one of my favorite bloggers Nino tagged me in a '6 things you should know about me' challenge. So I'm going to roll with that today. Also, I'll share some photos from our road trip, camping on the Olympic peninsula coast at Kalaloch campground. So if I'm boring at least delight in my sunset pictures will you.



What is something we may not know about you?

You might not know that I once briefly worked as a clown for children's parties... and yes I could fold one mean doggie balloon as well as swords and flowers. Another thing you might not know about me is that I won Miss Personality in a small beauty pageant back in 2005... which has always left me thinking I'm that girl that get's described as "well she has a really great personality" in blind date setups. Not to worry, I don't need to go on blind dates anymore, found me a husband that thinks I'm beautiful. So it's all good. 

 If you could see any artist/band live, who would you choose?

Frank Sinatra, in his younger years. There's a few technicalities that won't ever allow that, so I'll just choose a Coldplay concert. Always.

 Who or what inspires you?

People who find beauty. Not only find it but have the gifts to capture and share the beauty they find. I'm often drawn to photographers that do just that, or people who write beautifully. I'm in love with Wildflowers Photography. I adore how Something Concerning, Everything Occurring shares beauty in sweet little present sometimes mundane moments, Bright Continent's writing and photography inspire me something crazy. 


 If you could meet any blogger in person, who would you pick?

 If you've been reading Lanlettie for a while you'll know I'm going to say Geraldine from The Everywhereist. I have such a blog crush on her blog. I imagine I'll run into her at an airport someday, I'd like to think that I'll be really cool about the whole moment, but I probably won't be. I'll be all like  "You're so cool, please sign my laptop" and blush and mix up my words. Oh it would be a disaster...  okay never mind.

 When you struggle in life, what keeps you going?

My ever growing Faith and passionate Hope in God Almighty. I often find myself in the Psalms when I'm in a dark place. Also verses like this: "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." Philippians 1:6. Also, my patient and understanding husband, he understands what I need in difficult times. (Also, he's hot)


 If money wasn't a problem… what would your dream destination be?

If money wasn't a problem I would be booking an around-the-world ticket for two and take a trip that lasts forever. Wouldn't that be the best. If you're forcing me to pick one place I'd have to say the Middle East, I've always been drawn to places like Petra, the Sinai Desert, Jerusalem, the Dead Sea. Even before I knew just how bad of a travel bug I have, I've dreamed of visiting these places.


So that's me. I'd like to tag Tamarin Total Tamnation, with the hope of getting her back into the blogging world. Also Erica from The Bartletts Abroad, because she's also a newly wed living abroad like me. Answer these questions or make up your own. Have fun. x





5 comments:

  1. Ah I love these, you personality comes through so strongly (I guess that's why you got the miss personality award... and a husband.) :) Thanks for tagging me... I'll answer next week some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine you as a clown, but that's so great! I love posts like these; getting to know people through little things is so fun.
    I hope you get used to working full time in an office! It was always hard for me to figure out when to blog when I was working in the office, and I only worked part time! Scheduling posts is definitely a lifesaver, though. I can't wait to hear how it goes!
    These pictures make me want to go back to Kalaloch! It really is the best camping spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you meet me in real life one day the clown part makes more sense ;)Scheduling my posts is definitely on my to do list! Kalaloch was one of the highlights of the season for sure. I already want to go back and it's only been a few weeks. I could stay there for a long long time, so amazing!x

      Delete